Thursday, October 31, 2013

3 Day weekend miracle

I got a phone call from my friend yesterday that made me feel both nerdy and awesome.  He is a chemist in Hawaii that works on radio-labeling packaging and pharmaceuticals and I'm sure a bunch of stuff that he isn't allowed to tell me about.  It had been a while since we had spoke over the phone so it was nice to catch up but eventually he said: "I wish I could say I was calling to catch up but we need to talk science." The fact that an old friend called me out of the blue to resolve a pressing science issue was cool... even though the actual issue was not that science related.

At any rate, enough about my friends exciting life as a chemist in Hawaii and back to New England Pharmacy... last weekend I was surprised to find that another intern signed up to take this weekend.  I was thrilled to get a 2 day weekend out of nowhere but then today my preceptor (at the school/unpaid internship) told me that I didn't need to come in tomorrow (it would be my last day) so now I have a 3 day weekend.  I made a list of things that I plan to do; it's starts with nothing and ends with a little less than that.  Actually, I may try to do some of fun things that Melissa has suggested like "socialize with other people" and "leave the house." Sadly, Melissa picked up a second job a couple weeks ago so she will be working Friday and Saturday this week and only getting Sunday off.

 

No comments: