Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The life of a Thousandaire

After working in the copy room of a law firm, doing customer service for the MBTA, working at the front desks of a company that sells equipment for blood transfusions and another that sells coin op washers and dryers, and working for an eccentric contractor to put in a deck for some guy in Newton Center I have finally made it to the much sought after life of a thousandaire. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I want to thank all the people that supported me along the way, my mom for paying my cell phone bill for a few months, Jeremy for sending me his old video games, Jet Blue for providing a reasonably priced return flight from Oregon and my girlfriend for buying me pizza, sub sandwiches and chicken ceasar wraps on a regular basis.

Now that I am a thousandaire I intend to live the extravagant life that all of this money brings. When I take a lunch break today I will eat at the cafeteria at the Coin-Op Washing machine company, where I am willing to spend up to 7 dollars. Yesterday, I purchased Boat Shoes. They are shoes that you can wear on a boat (even if you don't have one). They cost me 50 dollars but I don't mind because I will save on socks (you don't wear socks with boat shoes). I purchased hummus from Trader Joe's last week, also, pita chips to eat the hummus with. I will no longer be using left over hot dog and hamburger buns to eat hummus from Shaw's Star Mart. With all this money, I am planning to fill my gas tank this week instead of putting 10 dollars of gas in every 3 days.

My luxurious life may not last forever, I have decided to not only pay my sallie mae student loan payment of 140 dollars for this month but next month for a total of 280 dollars. I also am looking to have the tires on the 4 Runner rotated so the car doesn't wobble when I try to go faster than 55 miles an hour. These expenses may cost me my thousandaire status but I will not regret my decisions. I know that there is an end to the rat race in site, my random jobs around Boston will soon end as I begin Pharmacy School in less than 3 weeks. Hopefully, if I play my cards right I will at least be a hundredaire when I get that first student loan check 3 weeks into the first term.

2 comments:

Katie Reed said...

you are one funny guy! but I am excited for your thousandaire status! See you soon!

Heather W. said...

OMG, you crack me up! Someday you will be a multi-thousandaire. I just know it!