Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy, really busy

Ok, I have not updated this thing for a little while because I have been in the midst of a hurricane of work, play and stomach issues. Diego got here about a month ago, and it was awesome. We ran around the country and saw all sorts of touristy things I had never seen, there was a lot of cool stuff such as- waterfalls, humback whales, TGIfridays, tropical beaches and of course a lot of quality time with M.Diego Rail. I am sure I will put up a post all about that adventure as soon as the craziness dies down (which it hasnt). After he left I was back in my site for 3 days and then had to go back to the capital to help write, edit and make graphics for our quarterly magazine that we put out for the volunteers in this country (I felt like kind of a jack ass because everyone else in the room had degrees in things like english and art but I brought some chemistry to the table). We were in the capital for about a week for that one and were working from 8 am to 8 pm everyday. It was fun, in a working a lot kind of way. After that I came home (on the 10th of this month) and found that my dog Lobo looked like he was going to die... which I may be partially to blame for... because I spilled boiling water on his head a couple weeks ago and I guess it burned him pretty bad. He had a scab all over his head and I thought he was not going to make it so I ran down to the Veteranerian and dropped a thousand pesos (one tenth of my monthly income) trying to figure out what was wrong with him and what we could do. The vet assured me that he would be ok and told me his biggest problem was that his owner was an idiot. I went back home and was kind of bummed because I was sure that it was going to be the worst birthday ever. Little did I know that when Kathy showed up an hour later and said she had a surprise she was talking about Bryant Royal my oldest friend who had snuck into the country for 17 days to surprise me for my birthday. Needless to say I did some excited cursing (which was ok because the little kids watching the comotion didnt know what I was saying) and was very excited to see my friend. Other than that the site has been super busy with my project in the high school and with the organizing of a river clean up. Not to mention Bryant and I tagged along with some missionaries to help build a couple houses in one of the poor communities outside of town. Things are good, except I ate some pizza the other day that had some bad brocolli and now I am vomitting and going to the bathroom a lot more than I want to be. I think it is pretty silly that I have been healthy until my friend gets in from the states and then I get a stomach bug. I think my stomach will be better in a couple days and Lobos hair will be back in about a week (says the Vet) and hopefully life will be a little slower again.

Alright, I wrote this down really fast in the Religous internet cafe so dont judge me for lack of punctuation, bad spelling and poor grammar. Also, I am working with a spanish keyboard.

4 comments:

Hondo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hondo said...

Hey, thanks for the post. But broccoli on pizza??? You deserve to get a stomach bug.

Heather W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather W. said...

Chuck has warned me that broccoli is about the hardest veg to get clean. (Note: this was after I ate it in East Timor. Though, I was lucky, and no illness ensued.)

Actually, your writing/punctuation seemed perfectly good to me. Maybe you should write in a hurry all the time. ;)

Thanks for the post! It's good to have an update. (Your mom would have killed you if something happened to that dog!)