Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sometimes you deserve it

I finally got sick again last week and I have no one to blame but myself. I went on a hike to the Piedras Letreadas (ancient cave drawings) with Kathy, who after recently finishing her peace corps assignment a year and a half early has been pretty bored and pestering me in Constanza to go out and do things, we bought some food to eat for the trip. One of the items was an avocado and some bread. The next morning I left for a meeting in the capital and woke up at 4 AM. There was no power so I didn´t look at the old avocado in the dark but my thought process was: something smells bad, oh it´s the avocado, I should eat it and then it won´t smell bad in here. I ate the avocado and ended up being sick all day, which kind of sucks when you are packed 21 people deep in a 12 passenger van. In the long run the trip to the capital ended up being worth it because I became one of our region´s Emergency Coordinators. That means when there is a hurricane, I get to call everyone and make sure they are ok... woohoo.

No comments: