Friday, April 11, 2008

Internet and the Mansion

Ugh, getting internet here is like rolling the dice. It only works when there is electricity and when the lady that works at the mansion decides to turn it on. I can't remember what I posted before, but we ended up sneaking up to the mansion the other night for some internet at about 9:30 at night. It was working perfectly until the guy with the gun showed up, just kidding, the guard turned out to be very friendly and said we could come back anytime. . . I think he liked us cause he brought us some amber to look at. He even showed us a better way to get up to the mansion. I can't remember if I mentioned that we have class in Trujillo's (dictator from 1930's-1960's) old mansion, its now called the Coffee Mansion, its really nice, and very scenic. You can see Puerta Plata and Santiago from up here.

1 comment:

Sherry & Byron said...

Chris
How are you doing?
I had Byron doing yard work
the last couple of days.. Its was almost 80 yesterday.. back to 60 all this week. and rain too..
Hope all is going good.. love
you
Aunt Sherry